05 December 2006

If you are on our Christmas Card Mailing List...

This is the picture you will be getting...

I told Fran "Great! Everyone is going to think our kids are Russian!"

Yes--we had snow last week. Here in Texas, we get a day of snow usually once every two years, but we've gotten it for the past three years (so much for the theory of global warming).


On the second day, I went out to my car and started to clear the snow off the windshield. It had already melted from our yard, but my car was in the shade so it was intact and sticking together nicely. I made a little snowman for Kaitlyn just to see what she thought, and she was so excited about it that she forced Fran to keep it in the freezer so she could share it with Ryan when he got home from school. It was a pathetic little snowman, but she loved it so much we had to take a picture of it...



3 comments:

Stormfilled said...

That's a very classy snowman! I remember Sparkelylips once telling me how it snowed up on the moors but not by the house, so they went out, made a snowman and drove it home to put in the front garden. Many confused neighbours.

I didn't think Texas got snow!

Mike's Drumbeats said...

Per my lovely wife Fran, that is something only British people would think to do (she loves it and wants to move there!)

Hilarious!

And, yes, we occasionally get snow--the whole place comes to a complete standstill--there are mad runs on the grocery stores and a "Mad Max" style martial law that goes into effect as people push and shove for the last remnants of food and firewood. We also get several hundred car accidents because people act stupid and drive 70mph.

Always glad to hear from you!

gP said...

awww...that would certainly be cute cards.

Man i wish it snows here.