31 May 2006

Hanging Out...

I feel bad for being out of touch. There's a ton going on--some of it good and, of course, some bad. Nothing horrible or life-threatening, but enough to make me want a couple of aspirin (or a couple Bailey's on the rocks).

It hasn't been my best month--I've swamped myself in work trying to get some projects finished, and have gotten out of touch with writing--It builds up to where I put pressuure on myself to unleash some literary masterpiece, which causes me to just put off writing, and the vicious cycle goes on...

Not that there hasn't been anything exciting/interesting to write about: Mike D's wedding was very nice and fancy. I was there without Fran, and I went out with a bunch of couples to hang out--a little awkward. It was also kind of interesting that, as we were walking back to the hotel, we found out that someone had just hanged himself on the bridge right next to the hotel. Pretty creepy.

Had a long talk with the cabdriver about "The Da Vinci Code" on the way to the airport. He ended up confessing many sins to me, like stealing to support a drug habit, and told me how he had cleaned up his act. Again, awkward. And scary. Not sure why he picked me to "come clean" to. I've decided that my life is just destined to be small gaps of filler space between dramatically awkward moments.

Making new friends, learning new skills (I've gotten pretty good with a bowstaff, as it turns out), going new places--sounds like an ad for the Army or something.

Well, I'm headed out to do battle today--meeting from the US Sales Manager, who is in town from New York. Chance of awkwardness: 100%.

No comments: