09 May 2006

Just an update

Wow--I haven't posted in the month of May. It's really weird how one thing leads to another, and before you know it a couple of weeks go by. I''ve even caught myself going to sleep at night, working out and laughing at the absurdities which I've encountered and reminding myself to post about them, only to wake up the next morning in a hurry to get going/get Ryan to school/get to work/work on a project/(one day:get to the lake to take Ryan fishing).

So there are a lot of topics which just went by. No work on my book, either. It's just a long dry spell.

Occasionally and erratically, I've posted some photos on my photoblog--we took the kids to the zoo and Ryan got his face painted like a tiger. It was funny because the lady had a book with all different face patterns she could paint, but tiger wasn't in there. Ryan, who has never before let his face get painted, decided that the day had come, but insisted that it be a tiger. At first the woman kindly suggested that Ryan select another pattern, but Ryan just blankly stared back at her for a couple of seconds until she agreed to try--then Ryan ended up getting stopped all over the zoo and asked where he got his face painted.

We've decided that Kaitlyn is a super genius. She's 27 months old, and she can talk to an amazing degree--she uses full, 10-word sentences with prepositional phrases and adverbs and the whole works. Anyone that takes care of her gives a wide-eyed report about how she is "quite advanced". She even tells stories about things that happen during the day, and then asks us to make up stories, too: "Can you tell me a story about Mommy?". It is a very interesting time when a child goes from just being a liability, which was as little as 6 months ago, to having a distinct personality and entertaining us all, which she is doing now.

Teeth falling out, my car getting hit by a lead brick on the highway, Kaitlyn falling down the stairs, dead snakes, remodeling gone awry (actually, it went pretty well, but has taken forever), a strange, yellow bird which keeps haunting me, the triumph of Flat Stanley, me working every day like a crazy person trying to row through the doldrums of slow business, the crazy man from my previous work-related post getting fired, my upcoming trips to Pittsburgh and Miami--these were all topics for my blog that went unposted. Will try to do better.

3 comments:

Stormfilled said...

Teeth falling out is one of my nightmares, but do tell about haunting yellow bird! Did it have a large beak and a propensity to dance?

Mike's Drumbeats said...

Hee Hee...and yes, I DO take requests, so your story is forthcoming.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! Jump on this Mike!!! This is HUGE! This will rescue you!!! Why not pursue a degree in cosmetology? You like astronomy - right? How about the hospitality industry? (And what's so controversial about being polite?)

I wish that someone would offer *me* the opportunity to transcend my social plane!!!

I am *so* excited for you! (and Fran will be *so* proud!!!)