24 January 2006

The gauntlet, errr, Mug, has been thrown down


In response to the challenge issued by my friend, Ghost Particle, I am attaching a picture of my favorite, and longest-lived, mug. I just call it "Duck Mug".

Each morning: regular, caffeinated coffee with 1 cream and 2 sugars, please.

I really lost my taste for Starbucks when I was out of town for 3 weeks. In San Francisco, there was a Starbucks on every corner but I couldn't get in the door. In Idaho, well, I'm sure there's a Starbucks somewhere (Nicole--is there?), but damned if I ever saw one. So, I dried out and got on/off (?) the wagon and am joining the Latte Investment Plan, where you take all the money that you would have paid for it and save it for...something else stupid.

By the way, I get tons of hits for my blog on "Latte Investment Plan", where I mock and taunt financial analysts for this plan, since their plan is basically to suck the joy out of your life so you can die rich. I'm sure I'm on their blacklist somehow...

1 comment:

gP said...

Oh Mike my friend! Thats a cool looking mug! Thanx for Mug-cipating in the IPAMW. Man I hope everyone will post their mugs, it will be so cool.

I hate Starbucks, and I tell all my friends that if i ever become the prime minister in my country, i would ban all the expensive coffe outlets. Its USD 1 for a cuppa...which is freakin expensive for asian standards...unless youre in Japan. But SB are still very popular...

I just love buying beans from the super markets and making my own cofee.