12 June 2006

Keeping us in Stitches

We had a nice weekend...right up until the point where Ryan cracked his head on a coffee table at my parents' house and started bleeding everywhere. I had to take him to the hospital, where he got 8 stitches above his eyebrow. He was really tough about it--he stopped crying right away, but crawled up in my lap and rested while we waited for the doctors to come sew him up.

This is some kind of karma--I'm getting paid back for all the trips to the emergency room I put my parents through when I was growing up...including stitches in the same place where Ryan received them.

We think the main cause was the fact that he is going through a huge growth spurt, and may have lost his coordination.

Don't worry, he's okay.

UPDATE: To add to the effect, poor Ryan lost his upper front tooth today, so now he looks like he lost the fight...

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Holy Canole! Glad to hear Ryan's ok...Gram said it was 15 stitches;)

Mike's Drumbeats said...

While we were in the waiting room, I asked Ryan how many stitches he thought he would need--he said "39"...

Fran says he looks like he went 8 rounds with Rocky Marciano.

gP said...

oh...hope he gets well soon!!!

Yeh, sometimes hyper kids get knocked around easily. Their eye coordination doesnt match the thinking I think...

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Happy to hear that he's ok - how about you and Fran?

Anonymous said...

So glad that he is alright!

Anonymous said...

So glad that he is alright!