09 March 2005

The Passion, Part II

Trying hard not to say "sorry"!

One thing about living life with passion is that you get passionate about negative things, too! When you see life in vivid colors, even black is a vivid color!

No, I'm not about to mix up some wacky Kool Aid and end it all, I promise!

I feel so good about my blog from yesterday because it feels good to face that demon publicly. There's something about putting something down formally that makes you organize your thoughts and examine how you really feel about it. It's not pretty to feel bitter. If someone asked me if I was bitter, I would say "no", because I know it's not good to be that way--but when I read my own stream-of-consciousness writing I see bitterness and sadness and grief that needed to be expressed.

I think that was a healthy thing to confront. What I am sorry about is dumping that load on others.

Hopefully it gives people a clue about me. Maybe someday my kids will read my entries, by then printed out and stored somewhere, and know their dad was a real person with challenges in life, and it will give them comfort that I overcame some of them.

In another note of weird Serendipity, I got a call yesterday (they day after my posting) from Kurt, the Guy who Rolled Down the Mountain from my story Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'. I hadn't spoken with him for over a year, and he still lives in Oklahoma. He was here on business and was about 20 miles away, so I shuffled my plans around and met him for lunch.

Here's an excerpt:

Me: "Man, it's really good to see you! I was just thinking about you."

K: "I was thinkin' about you, too..."

Me (I wonder if he was blog-surfing and found my entry and is here on a mission to kill me?)

Me: "So, what have you been up to, lately?"

K: "I got me a new quarter horse, and I'm thinkin' about makin' me a mule. Already had a jackass. Put 'em together and you get a mule!"

Me: "Really! Why a mule?"

K: "Don't know. Guess I always wanted one. They're unique, you know."

Me: "Yeah, I guess they are..."

K: "Well, they can't reproduce, that makes 'em unique!"

So, suffice it to say that this was the highlight from our lunch...although it was good to see him and he looked well.

Then, I went to the airport to meet my Aunt for the first time. Different than I expected, in a good way--she was very sweet. We had about an hour to chat as she changed planes, so it went way too quickly, but she seemed to like me, anyway. As she was leaving, Ryan ran up and hugged her and said "I Love You!" to her, quite spontaneously.

All in all, a good day. Peace!

No comments: