31 August 2006

Up at 3 AM again. Just me and Ryan's fish, Marlin, who has lived with us one year. I think I woke him up by turning on the kitchen light. I think he just shot me the middle fin-bone.

Do we still call it "Ryan's fish" if I'm the one who has to change the water? In doing so, I broke the bowl, so we got a bigger one--guess that makes the fish get bigger, because he seems to be. Then, instead of a bowl with straight sides we got one with curved sides. Great--our fish feels like he's tripping on acid all the time now--his spatial relationships are all messed up.

Also: Katilyn is the one who remembers to feed him every day.

Someone from Dell in Round Rock, TX googled my blog and read the Smmmmmmmokin! entry about when my computer caught on fire. They came back to it ten times over a period of about an hour. I was a little flattered because it looked like they read some other stuff too--no comments, though...I just hope they don't send Guido over to "take care of the squealer..."

1 comment:

Stormfilled said...

They probably read it and thought, 'Hang on, Scott siad something about a case like that a while ago... Hey! Scott!' Boss walks past, window is closed. Scott arrives, window is opened.
"Yeah," says Scott, "I had one like that last week. So did George."
"Hey, George!..."
Etc.
My mother has a Dell computer, and I struggle whenever I use it. The Home button is where the delete should be. I'm still tapping away on the same Toshiba that I bought when I was working from home. Love it.

As for the fish, alas, the rules of animal ownership dictate that even if Ryan doesn't see the fish, even if he moves out and never visits it, it will remain always his. 'Tis the way of the world. I in my turn have cared for Brother J's cat, Sister J's dog, several J owned fish and a couple of small rodents. None of which counted as 'mine' despite vet bills and care time. They still owned the final word. Very annoying. The rule should be changed.