20 October 2005

Disappointed People

I get this report that, if I get very curious, can tell me how people came to find my blog. It shows the search that they typed into the search engine. Sometimes, when I see what they typed and what they ended up finding, it makes me giggle a little.

(My sister, Nicole, also did a blog about this and there were some really funny searches like "Lesbian Bath House" and "Crack cookies"--she wished the searchers good luck...)

Here were some funny ones that I can recall:

1) "Hippo" and "Teamwork"--Yeah! My blog posting came before Animal Planet's website!

2) "A Poem about Birches"--not so funny, I guess; okay, here's one "Big Game Hunter" and "Halloween Costume"--? Come on, man, what a lame Halloween costume that would be...

3) "Latte' investment plan"--They were probably very disappointed to hear me say "Take your paws off my Starbuck's Venti Mocha, you bean-counter weasel!"

4) "Black girl and white guy"--hmmmmm...a little disturbing that I was a winner in this search--I guess this entry will now put me at the TOP of that search list...

5) "Drumbeats"--Tons and tons of hits on that, and I can almost hear the collective disappointment when people realize this isn't a music-related blog (I did play drums in high school) Photo evidence provided here-->

A little Ringo-ish, right? (Ringoesque?)

There are lots of others. It's really funny that most of the time the search "hit" is very tangential to the point I'm trying to make. Maybe I should try being less obtuse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh--this is the 5th Blog-spammer on this post! What is up with these people?

Mike