19 October 2005

First Posts

Sometimes when I'm bored or trying to escape awful, work-related tasks I'll click on "Next Blog". People's first blog postings are kind of funny to read. You know, somewhat predictable (don't read mine-I'm sure it's lame).

One I new blog that I read last week very idealistically laid out the author's promise to never bore people with the mundane inner-workings of his life, and then a very specific promise to never include haiku.

Wow, I thought. My face grew flush. Is this some famous euphamism that I didn't realize exists? Am I, by definition, lame since I do throw in an occasional haiku? (This is rhetorical, by the way...)

So, here's why I do that--it's kind of tongue in cheek. I don't consider myself to be an overly creative person, and it helps me to have a framework and a limited number of syllables to express a complete thought. So sue me, you self-righteous jackass!

No comments: