27 November 2005

New Year's Resolutions

Believe it or not, this is the time I start planning out my new year, including new directions that I want to go--I really dread calling them New Year's Resolutions, because EVERYONE knows that those aren't kept, right?

Here are some past successes:

1) Didn't drink soft drinks for a whole year!

2) Hired a personal trainer for 3 months and lost 40 lbs! Then, didn't rehire him and stopped working out...

3) Read 10-15 books that I planned out (plus several that weren't on the list)

4) Read the whole New Testament of the Bible.

5) Planned one special event with my son, and one with my wife every month

6) Last year: planned out about 25 activities with Ryan, and have done almost all of them this year

7) Also last year: spent 1 hr. per week for 6 months with a professional career coach. I think it's good for some people--just not for me...

8) Last year, I resolved to write chapter 1 of my novel. I mentioned this to my sister Nicole, who told me to get off my ass and actually do it--then encouraged me to start writing a blog

If I had to say what my goals are for this year, I would start with the following:

1) Be a more peaceful, positive person

2) Give more of my time and money to charity

3) Write the first 100 pages of my novel.

4) Cut down on critical thoughts and remarks--it would be nice if this wasn't the first thing that came to mind...

5) Get serious about my personal health--make a plan and stick with it.

6) Be a better friend

7) Take my wife on a nice vacation for our 15 year anniversary in October.

Anyway, that's what was on my mind today...

1 comment:

gP said...

Congratulations on the resolutions.