17 November 2005

To My Anonymous Friend

And now for something completely different...

I had a nice chat with Anon today (frequent commenter on my blog--no, it's not one of the other personalities in my head).

Not sure exactly how it happened, but at some point, Anon held out his hand, like the Kung Fu master, and suggested, very solemnly, that I snatch the pebble from his hand.

In my best affected accent, I replied, "Yes, grasshoppah!" and reached out quickly, to which Anon feigned drawing back and inspecting a squashed grasshopper.

Mixed metaphors abound--maybe you had to be there. It conjured up a mental image of a funny Far Side, though...

This One's for You, buddy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you slay me, friend!!! :)

Anonymous said...

hmmm, would the reciprocal be, "This Bud's for you, one-y"?
Sorry, I worry about these things!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha--you're about to be banned...

Unfortunately they only make spam filters and not coherence or sanity filters (just kidding).

If "one-y" was a word, you'd have had me, there...

Anonymous said...

If you're gonna ban me, at least use the roll-on - aerosol is so bad for the environment :)

hmmm, another thought - can a word cease to exist? (Gp -we need you here) so...if "one-y" *was* a word at one time, wouldn't still?

"Yes, nurse Ratchett."

Sorry folks - gotta go for now....

ow! i hate needles....