02 August 2005

Show me the Money!


Seriously, I don't completely get that line from Jerry Maguire. Why is Jerry trying to make more money for the football player, but says "Show ME the money"? Okay, enough of that.

So, I sent my Mission Statement on Embracing the Hippo to our Marketing Guy in New York via interoffice Email. Hopefully, he'll think it's funny. Either way, too late, now, huh?

I printed it out and put it in the Overnight. He'll get it tomorrow.

It reminded me of Jerry Maguire eating bad pizza and writing his memo, etc....Then he couldn't take it back...you know....yada yada yada....boom!

The things I go to just trying to be funny sometimes.

I just think sometimes you have to have some guts in life to have some fun or you end up being a big plop of vanilla pudding on the sidewalk for people to walk around.

I will post his exact response when it happens.

Worst case scenario: he doesn't think it's funny. Sends a lukewarm Email or nothing at all.

2nd derivitative worse case scenario: Everyone starts thinking I spent tons of time goofing off instead of working (not true, of course, plus I sold 25% of the sales in the entire region last month out of 15 people, so I think I'm okay there--yes, I kick ass).

Best Case Scenario: Hadn't thought of that--maybe they send me a crate of hippos squeezy toys?

They hand out my memo at the next trade show?

Everyone chants my name and they carry me off the field on their shoulders (sorry, that's the movie Rudy)

Sometimes, you have to just say "What the hell..."

No comments: