08 September 2005

BUSY!

Yes, I get the irony that, although I'm swamped, I'm taking moments here and there to blog. So---please don't criticize if my spelling and/or punctuation is off a little.

I have this personal myth that I thrive on stress--when things are too easy I get lulled into sleep. This blog entry is a reminder to myself in the future how bad it sucks to be behind (this isn't intended to make any of my friends feel bad--it's just a convergence of circumstances).

Here's how busy I am: I have 78 unanswered Emails (down from 120). Haven't checked my voicemail in 24 hours, and I have an appointment in one hour. Funny thing is, it's an urgent issue but not so important. By meeting that appointment I'm making two people happy but pissing off 30 others...

I'm so busy that I haven't taken time to write a list of all the things I need to do--whenever that happens, little stuff slips through the cracks.

Last night, I geared up for an all-nighter to try to get caught up, but my body overruled me and I crashed out on the couch against my will.

Neglecting personal things like the fact that my boss forgot to submit the paperwork correctly for my paycheck this month and I'm pretty sure I can't pay bills with IOU's and the fact that my laundry is piled so high I'm going to have to wear my Halloween costume from last year to work today (Batman).

Looking forward to next week--there are things that I need to work on that I need to get the ball rolling on today in order for them to come to fruition, but obviously can't. I think tomorrow I will work from home and try to get caught up as much as possible.

So: note to self: stress sucks. Gotta run!

No comments: