10 September 2005

Theodorus Rex


Here's something somewhat funny--through star-crossed chance, my wife, Fran, and I ended up together and we are both, independently, HUGE fans of Theodore Roosevelt.

Now, Fran has read his Biography by David McCullough, but I haven't. (I just think he's a cool guy, but Fran can tell you why she thinks he's cool...) But (just so you don't think I'm not cultured) I have read some biographies: Truman and have a somewhat rare copies of both Profiles in Courage by JFK and Carl Sandburg's Abraham Lincoln Biography. So...take that!

A confession: One time I walked back into a store (after walking out due to shock) to reconsider spending $850 on a framed picture of TR with his actual autograph below--these people got an official government document and chopped his signature out of it. $850!!!!! Yikes. Yeah, Yeah--I'm sure it's more now. It was a nice frame, too...

No comments: