25 May 2005

thinkin vil brushindateeth

Relax a little. Today should be fun.

You know, I could write poetry. I am positive I can put words together in an intersting array--people will think you're deep. Deeper than you really are. Profound.

Maybe I could pull up that "kites" poem and copy the syllable/rhyming combo. I really liked "Mockingbird".

Does it even rhyme? Don't think so.

You've read too much Shakespeare. All your stuff rhymes. You sound like Al Sharpton or Jessee Jackson or Johnny Cochran when you try to write poetry.

I put aside all my vanity
Sidestepped insanity
Got real, connected
til I chickened out, defected


"if it does not fit,
you must acquit"

Either that or possibly the jingle for Jiffy peanut butter.

Don't forget "Theme in Yellow", which I misunderstood and copied the words down (including the author), but had my 4th grade teacher scream at me "That's Illegal! It's called plagarism!" She was crazy--I can just see her being carted away in the back of the dogcatcher's truck with the wire mesh. She showed up drunk to my wedding and made a scene.

The road to Japan
must Thank you for the map.
Gritty, vicious, biting--
steaks and lobsters
You're Welcome to all I give.
Lubbock road-kill
speaking with every voice;
How kind of you to help
your fellow man.
The Smiths crooned
our famous road trip
Big Head Todd and the Monsters
picking up college chicks
How funny-
Carly is right...
escaping through Trees
peaceful, tall, cool, damp.
a shotgun and bees
the humming and explosions
a fragrant powder
and valve stems
hissing relentlessly
and smoking dust
flood of white
liquid spilling onto the floor
The crowbar, prying,
wedged in my chest-
gentle two-faced bastard.
minutia.
and your careful eye
shy assassin's hands
that won't be cleaned
s-ly-ing, laughingly slandering tongue.
of piercing scream
and quiet loneliness
madness and murder
laughing elf eludes you
and the sadness remains
clepto-

and I mourn you;
my friend.


Maybe not a poet. I guess I can live with that

No comments: