21 January 2005

25 Things on my desk right now

Okay--anything to get out of cleaning off my desk, so here goes:

1) A bongo drum that I just got from my friend when he came back from Africa--Cool!

2) A carved wooden dolphin

3) 2 mousepads-but just one mouse

4) A malachite box filled with....let me look...coins

5) An arrowhead

6) 2 fossils, 3 geodes, and 2 random rocks

7) a picture of a mouse being zapped by fluorescent light which I kept because the mouse is on its back and it reminded me of the movie "fire in the sky"

8) a rubber "croakies" holder for sunglasses which makes me look like one of Jerry's kids

9) a gray Swingline stapler that is at least 50 years old

10) a cracked ruler (still works)

11) A printed out copy of some of my blog stories with a red pen clipped to it

12) 2 mini-am/fm radios with no batteries-one from a box of razors, one a giveaway from my company

13) a 2004 Dallas Cowboys schedule (that's going directy in the trash)

14) a "to-do" list that I wrote up 2 weeks ago, haven't added anything to it since then, and haven't completed yet

15) a green pyramid pawn to a very small chess set that I got in Monterrey, Mexico that has since been scattered to the 4 winds by various nephews and nieces. I bought it in a small store when we hired a cabdriver to drive us around for $40 for a whole day (a ripoff)--we were there to see a Dallas Cowboy's game, had free tickets, and got to hang out with Jerry Jones for over an hour--I also have a picture (somewhere, not on my desk) of me wearing Jerry Jones' Superbowl ring which was taken on that same trip)

16) a receipt for bowling with Ryan and Gar 2 weeks ago

17) a partially-used matchbook from Chamberlain's restaurant (NOT an endorsement)

18) 8 golf tees--6 free short ones which I don't like because I tee the ball up ridiculously high, most with chunks taken out of them, and 2 long tees which I do like--accumulated from multiple games when I came home and had them in my pocket.

19) a bullet (30-06)(strangely, I don't have a 30-06)

20) 4 dead batteries (1 9V and 3 AA)

21) a nametag (mine from God knows where)

22) a blue plastic CD case (no CD)

23) Stationary that came as a gift from my grandmother in a box of monogrammed handkerchiefs (reaching over it to type)

24) a book of checks (I have 5 books going right now in different places)

25) 2 pictures of my kids, including 1 picture of them with Santa (unframed)

Under my desk:

1) a small pair of blue/silver zip-up shoes, suitable for a 5-6 year old little boy

2) an (unused) kleenex

3) a blank yet wrinkled piece of photo paper (4x6)

In front of my desk:

Strangely enough, I am painting my old office which usually has my rather large deer head on it. I had to take it off and lay it on the stairwell ledge, so know it looks like a possessed deer is emerging vertically from my stairwell--it's quite unsettling.

Oh well, better get back to cleaning...

No comments: